Monday, January 9, 2012

THE CHALLENGE: DAY 8

I woke up this morning and decided to take a walk down to the beach.  I needed to experience the peace and serenity of sunrise over the ocean and a very busy, and somewhat stressful, weekend.  While en route, a kind man (probably a neighbor, but I am not home enough to know) was walking his dog and looked at me, raised his coffee mug in the air, smiled, and said "Good morning!  Happy Monday!".  He has no idea, but it totally made my day.

I realized that sometimes I get out of bed and let my mind start running through the checklist in my head for work, for errands, for personal correspondence, etc.  That chaotic string of lists that have the ability to define our lives.  I definitely don't always take the time to start the morning off right by saying "Good morning!".

How do you start your day?  Do you start it off on the wrong foot or the right foot?!

Today's Challenge is about manifesting goodness and light into your day...from the moment you get out of bed!


THE CHALLENGE:  DAY 8

Physical
How is your exercise going?  Are you getting into a routine and creating habits?  Did you like the new class or activity?  Whatever it is that gets you excited...keep it up!  You are in the midst of forming a good habit!  

Spiritual
Positivity is a state of mind.  Truly.  Cliche, but I still love it, "10% of life is what happens to you and 90% is how you react to it."  No one's life is perfect.  Trust me, no one's!  But you can choose how to focus your energy...where focus goes, energy flows.  Don't you want to start your day out with bright and positive energy?  Then take a moment in the morning to recognize the dreams and opportunity ahead.  And maybe smile every now and then, I still stand by the idea that "it's worth it".


Personal
Manifestation is the materialization of a disembodied spirit.  If you struggle to get past the challenges in life and feel HAPPY on a regular basis then write down everything that you are grateful for in your life.  If you are still struggling to feel joyful then I encourage you to volunteer to help those less fortunate.  Seeing the condition of another's life might put your own in perspective.  


Today's Tips and Reminders:  Go to bed a little bit earlier tonight and think about three things from the day that you can be thankful for...  You might have slightly sweeter dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment