Thursday, January 5, 2012

THE CHALLENGE: DAY 7

So apparently the new hot ticket in town is to an LA Clippers game.  The Clippers?  Do they still exist?  Where do they play?  Who is their owner?  I know the Lakers, not the Clippers.  Lakers = Jerry Bus + Kobe Bryant + Staples Center.  Well, last night I learned that Clippers = Donald Sterling + Chris Paul/Blake Griffin + Staples Center.  It was my very first time rooting for 'The Clipps' and it was a blast.  I was clapping, yelling, and nursing a vodka soda for a full 3 hours.

I was having a fantastic time with a friend of mine from B-School and we decided to join the small After-Game-After-Party at Hyde night club inside Staples Center (didn't know that existed either).  Guess what ladies, I found a treasure trove of attractive men inside this little bar.  They were all looking pretty dapper in their after work suits and casually sipping cocktails.  I was one of only three girls in the entire place -- the odds are clearly in my favor -- I had some liquid courage mixing with an evening full of positive energy to inspire me to hit on a guy.  Yup, you heard me -- I picked up a dude in a bar last night.  I batted my eyes, tried to look demure, and then simply motioned for him to come my way.  The good old hand flick that says "Come hither, new friend."  He immediately gave a signal to his two buddies "be right back" and for the next 45 minutes we were spinning in conversation.  By the end of the night he had my phone number and I had a little skip in my step.  

Will I ever hear from him?  Who knows and not entirely important.  What I loved about the evening was experiencing such a thing for the first time and learning that is isn't so bad.  Will I do it again tonight or tomorrow?  Probably not.  But at least I know I am capable of something that my whole life I had been thinking was the 'unthinkable'.  

So today's challenge:  Get out of your comfort zone and try something new!!

THE CHALLENGE:  DAY 7

Physical
The time has come to try something new.  We've been creating good habits for a week now and you might be on the verge of boredom.  Get out and try something new!  Run the stairs at your local park, go for a hike, try out a yoga class (most are free to try), give spinning a whirl, or maybe even pull up a workout video online and follow your instructor.  

Spiritual
We all have dreams and fears...the common thread is that both lists embody things that we simply don't do in our present lives.  We say either "One Day" or "I'm too afraid".  Take a moment to sit and reflect on your own inner strength.  You are more daring and much more capable then you ever give yourself credit.

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
-- Mark Twain

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
-- C.S. Lewis

Personal
Time to bring back out the pen and paper again.  Write down one new thing that you are going to try in the next 3 weeks.  It doesn't have to be mah-jor (but it can be!).  You have some time to build up the courage through manifesting positive thoughts and outcomes.

Today's Tips and Reminders:  Cold season is here -- take those vitamins!  Drink more water (I'm going to keep saying it because it is the most important of them all).  When you look in the mirror tomorrow morning, smile.  It will make a difference, I promise. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment