Thursday, December 29, 2011

THE CHALLENGE: DAY 3

The first week of any new commitment is always the toughest.  It's kind of like getting back to the gym or changing your diet -- but once you get through it the rest feels like a breeze.  We are on Day 3 and I would guess that today and tomorrow will be some of the tougher to commit to as the shine is wearing off of taking on this new challenge, but I need to make a request:  Stick with me!!  I promise that in some way this 30 day experience will positively impact your life (and how many habits in your life can make that claim??).

I am fortunate to live in a part of California where I can wake up in the morning to go for a walk and within minutes I am staring below at some incredible beaches.  Today I dragged myself out of bed to brace the cold (in CA we consider 50 degrees cold) and go for my 30 minute walk.  As I approached the coastline the sun was coming up and where the water meets the sky the horizon was an incredible shade of orange.  The image was inspiring and for whatever reason the first thought that ran through my head was to be brave and trust that life won't give me anything I can't handle.  

Today, as we go into the rest of the first week of The Challenge, I implore you to Be Brave and take on life knowing that 'You Got This'.

THE CHALLENGE:  DAY 3
Physical
Keep good habits in place -- for the third day in a row perform an exercise like running or walking or yoga that warms up the body from the inside out and gets your heart racing.  No need to run a marathon on Day 3 or sign up for the hardest class at the gym. Slow and steady wins the race -- but the key to 'Steady' is consistency.

Spiritual
Find the personal time for reflection, even if it just ten minutes, and look back on the year's greatest challenges.  Moments when you woke up and thought you wouldn't survive the day.  Was it a huge presentation that would never come together?  Too many places to be and you could never get it all done?  Chances are that you found a way to get through it.  We are a people of self deprecation and doubt, but really I think you are much braver than you ever give yourself credit.

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." 

-Thucydides quotes (Ancient Greek historians and author, 460-404 bc

Personal
Is there anything that you have resisted pursuing or simply carrying through because fear held you back?  Perhaps the fear of failure or of falling (physically/mentally/emotionally)?  You don't need to tackle it today -- Rome wasn't built in a day, people -- but start to visualize taking it on and commit to the courage.  I dare you to take it on before the end of our 30 Day Challenge!

Today's Tips:  When was the last time you took some vitamins?  Vitamin water doesn't exactly count as the nutritional value is mostly sugar.  Grab an Emergen-C pack or some multi-vitamins today.




No comments:

Post a Comment