Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Single Twenty-Something Female

Today is the first day of the rest of your life...  Cliche?  Yes.  True statement?  Yes.

Today I have decided to start documenting my experience of navigating life as I seek out success, happiness, and love.  For those of us that are a single (and by single I simply mean unmarried) twenty-something female, we know that this road is full of twists and turns with the unexpected sometimes being delightful and other times torturous.  I recently experienced my fourth break-up in a serious relationship in three years and they really run the gambit.  More on that to come in future posts.

I feel like a walking poster-child for the Gen-Y female that wants to do it all and have it all...but then wonders if there is a man in this universe that can handle it all.

In this week's visit with my Life Coach (we will call her that since pshycho-therapist seems to be a tainted phrase these days) I was told that my perception is correct...for those women that are well educated, opinionated, attractive, and successful (God forbid) we will find it challenging to find a man that respects and even adores all of those qualities in us.  But like many incredible and rare species, they can be hard to find and yet we are told that they do exist!

I searched "Beautiful Rare Species" and the first one listed was the Snow Leopard so perhaps we will go with that...Be patient, dear friend, as you search for the creature that is you Snow Leopard...and in the meantime, let's enjoy this adventure together.

I will do my best to provide encouragement, pass on advice from those I pay a lot of money to tell me insightful things,  and include the occasional witty remark or story to remind us that life is what we make of it and we are all better off if we laugh at least once a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment